Enemies of Trusted Leadership
- People whose needs for promotion, power, and recognition
are potentially lethal to the organization.
- People whose personal agendas are at odds with the organization's
- People with volatile personalities.
- A corporate history of underperformance.
- The bait and switch (rescinding of an agreement).
- People whose behavior reflects controlled vengeance.
- Inconsistent messaging.
- Complicated situations.
- The unintended consequences of a particular event, announcement,
- The constancy of corporate reorganizations or management
- Rapidly changing situations.
- Benevolence in the wrong place.
- False feedback.
- Elephants meandering undisturbed in the parlor. (Don't
ignore whispering and bring issues out into the open).
- Inconsistent reactions or standards.
- Excessively strict or inflexible standards.
- Taking away part of the everyday (perks, work environment
- Paralysis in the face of difficulty.
- Incompetence, or perceived incompetence.
- Failing to trust others.
- Your sweet old self.